Q: My car is leaking coolant. Would I need to change the water pump?

Car temperature light started blinking and car temp was rising. Checked coolant level and it was low. Added coolant and it was leaking under the car.

A: Coolant can be leaking from any number of p...

Coolant can be leaking from any number of places. The water pump, radiator, radiator and heater hoses, etc. It would be best to verify where the coolant is leaking from before replacing parts. If you don’t have access to a cooling system pressure tester, you may be able to borrow or rent one from a local auto parts store. Another option would be to get some assistance from a qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can help you pinpoint the coolant leak firsthand for an accurate repair. Best of luck.