Q: My car is leaking antifreeze.

My car is leaking antifreeze and when I mean leaking i mean all of it in around 5 min. I have to add water every 5 min because it gets empty and I be getting the coolant warning light on it also has a blown head gasket. Please help me if you can. Thank you

If you already know your head gasket is leaking, and your car has been run low on coolant, there is no telling exactly how much damage has already been done to the car. These cars have many cooling system components that are made of plastic, which degrades and starts to leak over time. They can also be warped by overheating the motor, which it sounds like has probably happened a few times. If you’re interested in fixing this problem, you definitely need to fix the head gasket, and it would be a good idea to replace the thermostat housing and water pump as well, since they are likely damaged. You also will have to have the cylinder head pressure checked for cracks and checked for warpage, then have the head machined to give a perfect sealing surface. Repairing this car properly will run into the thousands of dollars, and because of it’s history, nobody will be able to guarantee it won’t need more work once it’s able to be run. The motor may have even been damaged. If you would like to have any of this work done, or an in person diagnosis of the leaks, you can contact a qualified technician through YourMechanic.