Q: My car is jerking when going uphill, and sometimes speeding up.

I get an oil change every two months for the most part and I just got new tires and my sway bar fixed. My car runs hot now and it jerks as I go uphill and when speeding up. Another thing, I just started putting plus gas in my car because I was told it's better than unleaded. Is that what could be causing the jerking too?

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. In the event this is causing your car to run lean (not enough fuel supplied to the motor - underfueling), this may cause the motor to run hotter than normal as you have described. This can lead to major engine damage and should be looked at as soon as possible. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car is jerking when going uphill, and sometimes speeding up.