Q: My car is harsh shifting, it jerks and it doesn't go more than 20 m.p.h but the problem comes and goes.

Hello there! When I turned the car on, I noticed the engine light was on. I tried to change gear and the lever was really stiff, when I finally get to change it to R , or from N to D, it made a horrible clunking/cracking sound and the car moved back and forth harshly (shaked).

**The link to the video here: https://youtu.be/XmZd5iROtz0. **

Scanned the car (with a cheap scanner I bought) and it shows the code P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL REQUEST) ... Scanned the car with professional scanners and nothing. Changed the TRS, ATF, shock absorbers,input and output speed sensors, erased the codes and Nothing. Some mechanic told me it wasn't any of the mounts... or maybe he didn't know how to but I trusted him. ...Please help! I've been dealing with this car since I bought it last September....Thank you!

A: Harsh shifting and loud clunking with the g...

Harsh shifting and loud clunking with the gear changes on the road can be linked to the components mounting the engine and transmission assemblies or something related to the suspension or brakes. A technician can check the condition of the mounts by selecting different gears and observing the movement of the engine to see if it rocks in excess. The binding shifter can also be caused by worn engine or transmission mounts. If you’d like more help, consider hiring one of our mobile experts for a proper diagnosis of the shifting issue.