Q: My car is hard to start - 1989 Toyota pickup

I got a 1989 toyotA pickup and his hard to start but after 5 or 6 time he start runs good and when i stop it hot start on 1 time i allready clean the body throttle and intake manifold i was wondering if it could be the hard cold start injector that could do that or something else

A: Hello - yes, if it is hard to start when co...

Hello - yes, if it is hard to start when cold, the cold start injector might not be functioning correctly. Poor cold-starting could also be a bad temperature (engine temp) sensor, EGR valve which is not closing completely, air leaks in the intake system, or clogged fuel injectors. I would recommend having a car is hard to start inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.