Q: My car is a toyota corolla 2001 and I changed my car`s engine 1zz 2001 for a 1zz 2003, should I have to change the ECU?

My car is a toyota corolla 2001, I changed the engine a 1zz 1.8 2001 for a 1zz 1.8 2003, something I am concerned is that before when i had low brake`s fluid deposit the brake light turned on but now it does not, that why I am thinking that may be the ECU are not compatibles

Hi there. The brake light could have came on for low brake fluid deposits making the module not function correctly. If the brake fluid is low and the brake light is not coming on, then the brake level sensor could be not working on the master cylinder. The engine year should not matter until the engine changed in 2009 to a timing chain engine. As long as all of the sensors are hooked up and working properly, the engine should work just fine with the original computer. If you need further assistance with your brake system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car is a toyota corolla 2001 and I changed my car`s engine 1zz 2001 for a 1zz 2003, should I have to change the ECU?