Q: My car idles rough and surges i

Hi my name is Brian and my car it idles rough in at surges at a stoplight but when it drives it's OK what do you think the issue is and how to fix this issue thank you

A: In your case, the most likely cause is that...

In your case, the most likely cause is that your EGR valve is partly stuck open or your engine has a vacuum leak. Either of these things will cause the engine to run rough at idle but runs okay above it. If you cannot find the vacuum leak or EGR problem, I would suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic inspect and fix your rough idle for you.