Q: My car idles rough and surges i

Hi my name is Brian and my car it idles rough in at surges at a stoplight but when it drives it's OK what do you think the issue is and how to fix this issue thank you

In your case, the most likely cause is that your EGR valve is partly stuck open or your engine has a vacuum leak. Either of these things will cause the engine to run rough at idle but runs okay above it. If you cannot find the vacuum leak or EGR problem, I would suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic inspect and fix your rough idle for you.