Q: My car idles and turns off, and the radio turns on and off - 1998 Acura CL

My car idles when i turn it on and then it shuts off . when i switch gears it shuts off and im unable to use my radio , the signal lights also blinks really fast and im also not able to use my ac . i wanted to know if it could possibly be a fuse thats blown out?

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check the fuse box for any blown fuses. Use a test light and check the fuses for power on both posts that appear on the fuses. Check the battery for load and voltage.

The battery must hold at least 12.4 volts and have a load applied with the battery to drop no lower than 11.5 volts. If the battery’s load test or the voltage is lower than normal, then replace the battery. If the battery is good and the fuses are good, then check the wiring harness to the vehicle’s cab and look for any loose ground wires.

If you need further assistance with troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can inspect for any electrical problems and suggest needed repairs.