Q: My car honks when I lock it while the car is ON

So I never had an issue with locking my car while it is on (my dog comes with me a lot and I like to keep the a/c on with him and lock the doors) but last month Mini Cooper needed to reset my car due to error codes coming up, after doing so, NOW my car has a new feature that it honks TWICE and LOUD when I lock it while it is on. My neighbor already expressed her concern on it and it startles me often. PLEASE HELP!!!!

A: Hi there, thanks for your question. I’d be ...

Hi there, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to help. If the problem did not start until the car was reset, then the problem most likely is with the calibration file that was installed in the vehicle. The horn should not go off anytime the car is running unless you push the horn. I recommend taking your vehicle back to the dealer to have them reprogram the horn to not come on unless you push it. Hope this helps and best of luck.