Q: My car hesitates upon acceleration

I bought my car from CarMax in 2008 75000 original miles I believe it's due for a tune-up however I do not need an oil change because I get those done every 3000 miles at Walmart and my tires are taken care of and they are too, my car does this hesitation thing when I push on the accelerator but it only does it during the winter but I would say it's due also I do not use Bosch plugs or wires only AC Delco I would like to buy my own parts to have a warranty from AutoZone so I need a bid for labor only I have put a bid in with your shop before it was too much thank you very much Sharon Mitchell

This may be a sign of a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs or hard starting. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.

3. My car hesitates upon acceleration