Q: My car has no bite and I can't set off.

When trying to set the car has no bite. It is staying at 10rpm on the dash when the clutch is full down. I then slot it into first and as I bring my foot up on the clutch it drops the revs and stalls. There is no bite and I am unable to set off.

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of power loss or acceleration issues. This can be caused by many reasons. Issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems can all cause the vehicle to experience issues such as power loss and stalling. It could also be possible that the issue is clutch related. A worn or slipping clutch may not be able to hold engine torque properly, which can produce symptoms similar to those you are experiencing. If the the check engine light has come on, then retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, if you are unsure, a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can visit your location to diagnose what the exact issue may be.

3. My car has no bite and I can't set off.