Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-16un8ikjs:173:8

Q: My car has issues going up steep hills and the car shudders. Does replacing the transmission fix that?

my car has issues going up steep hills; the car shudders. I can feel the gears shifting, trying to go up but i usually can't go more than 15mph on a hill. does replacing transmission fix that, or is it something else?

A: This may be a sign of a dirty or [failing m...

This may be a sign of a dirty or [failing mass air flow sensor] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/mass-airflow-sensor-replacement. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often times results in the engine starving for air or fuel. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. This can also cause the engine to struggle to idle for the same reason. This may also be a failing transmission control module or failing speed sensors.

The transmission control module (TCM) helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module, may cause the car not to increase its speed even when pressing the gas pedal and may respond poorly when you shift the gear into drive. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other components controlled by the the TCM include a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your car. I would suggest having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission.