Q: Q: Starting issues

I think it is something electrical. But my car will only start sometimes when my fuel guage actually reads right and mileage shows on the dash. Once all the guages read after i turn the key to on and don't start the car and let it sit for a few minutes they will start to work. But when i do start it and drive it dies on me. I can try to go into more detail if need be. But please help!

Hi There, It sounds like you may be having some kind of an electrical problem that may be resulting in an ignition relay not allowing the car to start properly or potentially a faulty ignition coil pack that may also be producing this kind of intermittent starting. You may want to check the ignition relay. When you turn the key to the On position, the ignition relay switches allows power to be diverted to systems needed to operate your vehicle. The ignition coil then receives power from the battery and delivers it to your spark plugs. This process ignites the fuel and enables your vehicle to run. When this relay is not working properly, you may notice the car having problems with keeping the battery charged, engine stalling, starting problems (especially in warmer weather) and sometimes intermittent problems with your speedometer and tachometer flickering off and on. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Q: Starting issues