Q: My car has been acting weird and I would really want to know exactly why the check engine and this other red light is on

My check engine light has been on, it doesn't drive weird at all but lately has been making this ticking noise when I drive, I assume timing belt but I'm not sure. Also this red thunder bolt light that's in ( ) comes on when I idle and I don't know why, I've been turning my car off and then back on and my car starts to drive normal again. I

Hi there. The red lightning bolt is the symbol that the throttle position sensor (TPS) has failed and is no longer responding to the ECM (computer). I recommend replacing the TPS with the OEM specified part for your engine.

Listen to where the ticking noise is emitting from. If the noise is from the timing cover area, then the timing belt could be popping causing the noise. If the noise is coming behind the timing belt area, then it will be a lifter tapping for the lack of lubrication, being stuck, or the return spring inside the lifter broke. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the ticking noise you are hearing.

3. My car has been acting weird and I would really want to know exactly why the check engine and this other red light is on