Q: My car has a rattle near the moonroof

I bought my car brand new and ever since then, there is a rattle between the moon roof and passenger side curtain airbag/seat belt area. I have taken it to the dealership several times to try and have it fixed, but all they have done is readjust the moon roof and that doesn't solve the problem. It tends to rattle more during the summer when it's hot outside and the car has been parked in the heat for a few hours. The sound is a metallic rattle, as if there were a loose bolt. I have researched online and see that other people have had the same issue but I haven't found any solutions. Any ideas?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There are a few things it could possibly be, such as the rail for the sunroof rattling, or perhaps a headliner clip came undone and is rattling against the body. Sometimes you just need to get a second opinion from another technician, who may be able to pinpoint the source of the noise. If you want to have it checked out, you can get a professional technician through YourMechanic to diagnose the cause of the noise.