Q: MY CAR HAD A OVERHEATING PROBLEM AND I FIX IT BUT NOW THE CAR IS IN A LIMP MODE AND DONT WANT TO REF ABOVE 3000 REFS WHAT CAN I DO

I BLEW A HEAD GASKET AND REPLACE GASKET AND SEND THE HEAD IN FOR RECONDITIONING BUT CAR IDLES GOOD BUT DONT WANT TO REF MORE THEN 3000 REFS AND IT IS IN LIMP MODE WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle enters into limp mode when something seriously wrong has been detected by the computer. Typically this is a safety measure to help prevent issues with the transmission. You will want to start by having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. Use the codes that come up to help direct you towards a particular system or sensor that is malfunctioning. With all of the work you have had done, there are quite a few potential causes for the "limp mode". The issue can be anything from a battery problem, to a failing sensor. Further testing must be done. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• MY CAR HAD A OVERHEATING PROBLEM AND I FIX IT BUT NOW THE CAR IS IN A LIMP MODE AND DONT WANT TO REF ABOVE 3000 REFS WHAT CAN I DO