Q: My car goes click, click, click when I attempt to start. My lights,, horn, etc come on. What may be the issue? 2012 Honda

Car just will not start. Earlier in the day, it hesitated twice before starting. Then the 3rd time, it would not start at all. It just makes a clicking sound.

Hello - your symptoms suggest low voltage to the starter solenoid, or possibly burned starter solenoid contacts. Regardless, there is a voltage drop somewhere in your electrical system. If the battery voltage stay close to or above 12v with the lights on, there is an electrical restriction somewhere along the path: battery cable connections, ignition switch, starter relay, bad wiring connection, etc. If you are getting 12v to the starter when the ignition key is in the "Start" position, (either the trigger wire or the power cable) the starter solenoid is the culprit. I recommend a not starting inspection

• My car goes click, click, click when I attempt to start. My lights,, horn, etc come on. What may be the issue? 2012 Honda