Q: My car fuel performance is very bad !! really my mpg reduced by 50% what is the problem ?? Thank you in advance

at the beginning my car power was weak , i changed the fuel filter and cleaned the injectors andthe performance still bad, Then i have problem with my TPS with check engine light , i replaced it with new one and the light is gone. and the car in idle is not working good it is waving. after while i noticed increment in the fuel consumption then the consumption getting increased. Now it is 50% greater than my normal fuel consumption

Note : the car model is KIA VISTO 2003

A: Hi there: The problem with trying to diagn...

Hi there:

The problem with trying to diagnose fuel economy issues is the fact that many variables can cause MPG problems, ranging from driving conditions, driver input, time of year (for winter and summer blends of gasoline) and simple weather conditions. However, in general, dirty throttle body (which wasn’t on your list of services completed), the idle control valve and EGR valve are common components that when dirty or faulty, will negatively impact fuel economy. Before you start to replace or service these parts however, you might want to have a mobile mechanic complete a car is getting poor fuel economy inspection first; so they can inspect your 2003 Kia personally and diagnose the issue for you.