Q: my car engine shuts off when at a slow speed or at a stop, also when i press the accelerator peddle the engine is slow to catch on

my car engine shuts off when at a slow speed or at a stop, also when i press the accelerator peddle the engine is slow to catch on to the next gear, car idles at a stop as well. My car has an automatic transmission. I have changed the battery, has a new battery. i got diagnosis code checked saying "faulty crankshaft position sensor."

The most common cause of camshaft or crankshaft position sensor trouble codes are usually issues due to the timing of the engine. If the timing belt has slipped a tooth or broken all together this can cause issues with the engine. I recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional in order to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done from your home or office.

3. my car engine shuts off when at a slow speed or at a stop, also when i press the accelerator peddle the engine is slow to catch on