Q: my car engine doesnt stay on unless im pressing the gas

my check engine light turned on a few days ago code P1518 manifold runner code. Last night a mechanic said the engine was dirty to put premium gasoline in drive for 40 miles change the spark plugs and oil change only had time to do the first part. This morning the truck wont start well it wants to if I pressed the gas it would run but as soon as I let go it would die but just the engine dies the radio and lights stay on.

Hi there:

If a different mechanic said that the engine was "dirty" and to use premium gasoline to repair this issue, then it’s likely that the fuel system components including the mass air flow sensor, EGR valve, fuel injectors and throttle body are probably clogged with excessive carbon deposits that are creating a fuel restriction issue. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can determine what needs to be cleaned or repaired.

3. my car engine doesnt stay on unless im pressing the gas