Q: My car doesn't turn on, got new battery, changed oil and spark wires and plugs, but when and if it turns on it goes and stalls out

Car is an 01 Honda Accord VP 4 cylinders, got a new battery, new spark wires and plugs, got an P0420 check engine light and put some Mr. Gasket Cataclean but this was after the problem, may be the problem? Car also runs fine one day but decides to not turn on randomly.

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2001 Honda Accord to have the P0420 code and not turn on. The P0420 code indicates the vehicle has catalyst system efficacy below threshold. This is indicating the car is detecting the cars catalytic converter is not functioning properly or the engine is thought to be running to rich. Common causes of this are a plugged catalytic converter, failed oxygen sensor, leaking exhaust manifold, leaking exhaust, failing fuel injector, or a misfire condition. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your check engine light and car shutting off when driving issues.

• My car doesn't turn on, got new battery, changed oil and spark wires and plugs, but when and if it turns on it goes and stalls out