Q: My car doesn't start

When I turn the key, I hear the engine but it doesn't start.

Those old Volvo 240’s can really roll up the miles. At 280 thousand it really could be anything, but the good news is that a car that will not start is usually the easiest kind of car to diagnose. Especially the old 240’s because they are so uncomplicated. A car needs fuel, ignition, and compression to run and if one or more of those is not happening, it’s just a matter of some step by step troubleshooting to pin down the cause. If you contact Your Mechanic they can send a technician to your home or office to inspect your car and tell you what needs to be done

3. My car doesn't start