Q: my car cuts off while i am in traffic

One day the car dashboard lights were going crazy with the speed panel going up and down randomly and the car felt like it was going to cut off. The ABS light came on first then went off and then the check engine light came on and went off. I made it home without the car cutting off. Another day, the car cut off in the middle of traffic. Another day the car cut off while I pulled into a parking space. I took the car to Autozone to look at the check engine sensor. They stated they could not find anything wrong. I then took the car to a mechanic who stated that they could not do anything until one of the sensor lights remained on permanently on the dashboard.

It seems risky to drive the car until one of the sensor lights remains permanently on.

A couple of points worth mentioning is that car immediately restarted each time it cut off and ran for a couple of hundreds of miles before cutting off again. Also, the car has been exposed to heavy rain falls (I live in Florida).

3. my car cuts off while i am in traffic