Q: My car cant go up steep slopes

My car loses power on steep hills and can't go up hill. What could be the problem?

A: Hi there, thanks for your question. I'd...

Hi there, thanks for your question. I'd be happy to help.

This may be related to many possible problems. If your car has any check engine lights on I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with a scanning tool which will help to pinpoint what specifically may be causing this. This may be a lack of proper air/fuel flow which is monitored by a couple of different sensors. This may also be caused by a clogged catalytic converter which can cause a car to run poorly or sluggish. Other than that, a loss of power inspection can also be performed. Hope this helps and best of luck!