Q: My car battery dies - 2000 Saturn LS1

Good battery and alternator. No after market stereo. Changed ignition switch and nothing has changed. Disconnected the headlight switch and I'm starting to think that the switch is bad. could this be it or is it something else?

Hello, battery discharge can be caused by many things. The battery itself can self-discharge by a shorted cell inside. The alternator with low output voltage and amperage. You said that these are good. A circuit being on when the vehicle is off will discharged the battery. There are tests that can to performed to check this. Special equipment is required to test this. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect your battery draw.

3. My car battery dies - 2000 Saturn LS1