Q: My car A/C is not cooling. It is filled with refrigerant and the clutch is engaging.

My A/C is not blowing cold air, but I believe the clutch is engaging and it is definitely filled with refrigerant.

There are innumerable things that can go wrong with the A/C system and so the best thing to do is request an air conditioning system inspection. The responding certified mechanic will come to your location, pinpoint the fault and get this resolved for you. The possibilities that might account for the problems you are experiencing range from a stuck heater control valve (causing heat to be delivered while a/c is on) to a malfunctioning expansion valve, low state of charge, refrigerant leaks, faulty cooling fans on the condenser, faulty controls, switches, or sensors, A/C compressor clutch malfunctions and the compressor itself could be faulty. The only way to pin it down is to get the system professionally inspected and diagnosed. Once diagnosed, the mechanic will be in a position to give you a repair strategy to get the A/C system fully functioning and the mechanic will estimate the cost of the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car A/C is not cooling. It is filled with refrigerant and the clutch is engaging.