Q: Operating temperature

What is the required operational temperature of Ford Explorer, 2012 model, automatic transmission so it will not get overheated up?

The factory thermostat is set to work at 197 degrees, so you should be considered safe for it to fluctuate anywhere between about 195 degrees to 210 degrees depending on conditions. It should not exceed about 210 degrees. In the event you notice it getting hotter than this, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.