Q: My brother has a 2003 Sentra when I went to crank it up it wouldn't start at all

Battery was fine, is it the starter?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If the starter i...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If the starter is not turning the engine over, there are a number of possible issues that essentially follow the electrical power path to a successful start. Check battery condition, battery cable connections, ignition switch operation, starter solenoid (the component that often "clicks" when you attempt to start the engine unsuccessfully), and the starter motor itself. Wiring along this path may also be damaged or have poor connections. I suggest you have a mobile, professional mechanic from YourMechanic.com come to your location and perform a car will not turn over inspection. This diagnosis, done at your location, will provide a specific diagnosis of the failed component, and recommend what repair(s) are needed.