Q: My brakes quit working.

My brakes quit working. But they start to work if I pump them like 6 or 7 times. But as soon as I let off again they quit working again. Before they quit working, they would work okay but I would have to push my peddle to the floor almost. Could it be the brakes line?

The brake fluid should be checked to see if the fluid is real low indicating a leak in the system. If fluid is not leaking out then your master cylinder may be leaking internally and need to be replaced to give you a good hard pedal. I would recommend having the complete brake system inspected for any problems prior to replacing the master cylinder and bleeding the brakes out with fresh fluid.