Q: My brake pedal goes to the ground

I just got new brake lines and the car can stop but I have to push the pedal just about all the way down. Any idea why that is?

The brake master cylinder has two separate chambers inside it, and if one fails, then the other will work but the pedal will go down farther before the single chamber works. You need to have the brakes bled out again to see if it is another leak or air in the system. If you find you still cannot get a full pedal, then your master cylinder is damaged internally and needs to be replaced. Sometimes if the pedal goes down too far on an old master cylinder the rubber cups inside get damaged and a replacement is needed. If you need to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your brake system and replace your brake master cylinder if needed.