Q: My brake lights stay on until I step on the brakes then are off until pedal is all the way down, what could cause this?

My brake lights stay on until I step on the brakes then are off until pedal is all the way down, what could cause this?

Hi Dylan. Usually a faulty brake switch or electrical relay is the source of the problem you are experiencing. However, it might be an exposed or damaged electrical wire that is creating an electrical short that is also causing the problem. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a brake light inspection to determine exactly what’s causing this issue, so the right repairs can be made.

3. My brake lights stay on until I step on the brakes then are off until pedal is all the way down, what could cause this?