Q: My blend door isnt working.

My blend door isn't working. I have replaced the actuator and the temp control switch. It does not have climate control. I can open and close it manually.

The next thing to do is to check all the power and ground circuits. Looking at a manual temperature controlled Taurus, the switch is a part of an integrated temperature control module. Inside this module is a temperature control potentiometer. It is this potentiometer that signals the actuator’s position. Testing the signals between the temperature module and actuator requires code retrieval from the body control module, a flow chart and a mulitmeter. Even with a manually set temperature, there is a module that the switch is attached to for determining the correct blend door position. This module could be at fault or there could be a bad connection somewhere in the circuits for this system. This can be a complicated testing process, so if you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to perform a Heating and A/C inspection on your vehicle and suggest any necessary repairs.

Good luck!

3. My blend door isnt working.