Q: My battery light was on then battery died, bought a new battery but battery light won't go off.

The battery light came on then 2 days later the car died on me while driving it. Had it towed home, bought a new battery. I started it and drive it up the road and with in 2 miles the battery light came back on.

When your red battery light comes on this indicates that the alternator is no longer charging the battery. Usually this means that the alternator has failed and will require replacement in order to resolve this issue. Consider YourMechanic as alternators can be replaced at your home or office.

3. My battery light was on then battery died, bought a new battery but battery light won't go off.