Q: My battery light came on while drive and it became hard to steer. A liquid is leaking from my truck and my gauge says hot

My battery light came on while driving and it became hard to steer. Also there was a liquid leaking from my truck and my gauge the reads Hot and cold it was moving more towards the H while I was driving. What does this mean?

You most likely broke a serpentine belt. If you open hood and look at belts to see if it is missing or broken. If it is then do not try and drive it since it will overheat and cause engine damage. Have the engine checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see why the belt broke. It may have been a worn belt or there may be another reason like a bad belt tensioner.

• My battery light came on while drive and it became hard to steer. A liquid is leaking from my truck and my gauge says hot