Q: My auto door locks do not work anymore.

I'm not sure why my auto locks do not work anymore. I recently programmed a remote entry FOB and it worked for awhile, and now it doesn't. Is this a common problem? I've looked up how to enable and disable the auto locks and tried it for myself but it doesn't seem to be working.

A: Hello. It is common for this to occur when ...

Hello. It is common for this to occur when you install a new key fob. The system tends to lose the communication. I usually start with the standard pairing to see if it will work. If that does not work then I try pairing the remote with a scan tool. If that does not take either then it may be a defective fob or the receiver module may have failed. If you want to have your door locks repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the remote entry is not working] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/power-door-locks-are-not-working-inspection