Q: My alarm will not turn off -URGENT.

I think I accidentally pressed the panic button on my key fob and cannot get the alarm to stop. At this point, it only stops after 2 minutes but then is re-armed and goes off if I open the door again.

I have pressed the panic button again but it does not stop. I have opened the door with the key and cannot start the car either. My key fob seems to not work at all now so perhaps I need a new battery for the fob.

This happened one other time a few years ago and I'm not sure how I fixed it. Please help!!

Hi there. Remove the battery cables and wait 30 seconds and then hook the cables back up. This will clear the security system in the vehicle to reset it. The alarm should shut off and stay off. Then take the key fob and start the engine up. I recommend replacing the battery in the key fob if it continues to set the alarm off and not disable it. If you need further assistance with your alarm not shutting off, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My alarm will not turn off -URGENT.