Q: My air conditioner only blows sometimes. The refrigerant is good. It was checked.

my air conditioner only blows sometimes but mostly not freeon is good it was checked

Hi there. The symptoms reveal that the blower motor and the rheostat switch could be causing the air to blow sometimes. First check the rheostat switch to the blower motor and see if the motor functions on all the settings. If the blower motor does not come on at times when the switch is turned, then the switch needs replaced or there is a ground wire that is loose.

If you are referring that the air is sometimes cold, then the cabin air filter could be plugged up causing the air to come into the evaporator in pulses. Changing out the cabin air filter will help the air conditioning system work more efficiently. If you need further assistance with your air conditioning system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My air conditioner only blows sometimes. The refrigerant is good. It was checked.