Q: My air conditioner in the car wont turn off unless I turn the engine off and cant make the controls work either

My car air conditioner won't turn off. It won't raise or lower in blowing , it stays blowing on high all the time unless I turn the engine off. What can I do about this?

This is an electrical problem. Typically, the HVAC blower motor speed is controlled by a "resistor block", although some newer systems use a more complex circuit board to vary system voltage which in turn allows you to vary blower speed. In either case, the resistor block or the circuit board has to be tested and the fault will likely be found there. These are modular components and can be replaced by a mobile mechanic, in the field, right at your location. If you desire a diagnostic to pinpoint the fault, and the required repair/replacement, please request an electrical component/circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My air conditioner in the car wont turn off unless I turn the engine off and cant make the controls work either