Q: My AC is not working took it the mechanic and he told me that's it has a blown fuse box which is causing my AC not to work?

My AC on my 2012 Nissan sentra is not working its blowing hot air I recently took it the mechanic and he told me that my AC fuse box is blown I never heard of that n I'm a certified airplane mechanic is there anything other reason that it doesn't work?

A: Hi there. I have not seen a fuse box fail v...

Hi there. I have not seen a fuse box fail very often on this vehicle. It is possible that he meant to say that the fuse for the AC is blown which makes a lot more sense. Most of the time when the AC fuse blows it is because the compressor is failing and has a short in the clutch.

The circuit is going to have to be tested for a short to confirm why the fuse blew. It can take some time to trace the wires, though it is probably the compressor. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your AC system.