Q: My ABS light is on

My ABS light is on and it is snowy and icey and i keep like spinning out and drifting should i stop driving it ???

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Your ABS light may be coming on as a result of the conditions you are driving in or it may be possible that it is not functioning properly. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. My ABS light is on