Q: My A/C doesn't get very cold

I am having trouble with my A/C. I live in Wisconsin so we have nice weather, but after the car has been sitting in the parking lot all day, the A/C doesn't seem to work very well. I have tried setting it to max A/C, changing the air vents, putting the windows down to let the hot air out, etc. and it doesn't seem to be getting cold enough. I have the electronics package on the car, and I set the temp at 60 ( the lowest it can be set at). How can I make the A/C get colder?

There are several things that can cause an air conditioner to cool inefficiently. Some of these causes would include an oversaturated moisture filter, a compressor malfunction, a restriction in the system, A/C fan inoperative, lots of debris inside the condenser, clogged orifice tube or expansion valve, and a malfunctioning evaporator temperature regulator.

I would recommend having a full air conditioning inspection performed by someone who is certified to handle refrigerant, and qualified to make knowledgable diagnostic suggestions regarding air conditioning service. Once the inspection is complete, the mechanic will relay the data from the inspection over to you so that you can make an informed repair decision.

3. My A/C doesn't get very cold