Q: A/C compressor needs to be replaced on my 2008 Infinity M35. Would you save money and use an after market part or use Infiniti? 2008 Infiniti M35

A/c compressor is broken. Would you suggest saving money with after market part or use Infinity dealer part. How reliable are the after market compressors? The car in general is in really good condition otherwise.

Hi there - there is actually a 3rd answer that is best. Infiniti doesn’t make AC compressors (nor does most any other auto manufacturer). These are made by 4Seasons, Sanyo, Denso, Hitachi, etc. Replacing the compressor correctly means getting an original AC compressor supplier part, which probably won’t have an Infiniti sticker on it. Still the original spec part, and your best value long term. I recommend an AC compressor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. A/C compressor needs to be replaced on my 2008 Infinity M35. Would you save money and use an after market part or use Infiniti? 2008 Infiniti M35