Q: My 98 ford expo won't start.i was trying to connect my trailer lights up by splicing the wire and now thief light won't come on

I went to connect the brake lights from my trailer to my truck wiring.I never got the trailer lights to work but now my 98 expo won't start I notice that the thief light does not come on now and it won't start.I checked all fuses and relays and still nothing.I know the fuel pump is not working

Hi Lou. Thanks for the question tonight. If the wire was attempted to be spliced while the battery was connected, it may have shorted the fuel pump or other electrical components on your Ford Expedition. Anytime electrical work is completed, if if minor - power should be disconnected. It is also possible that this is not related to your trailer brakes. I would check your fuel pump relay to see if this is damaged for starters. If this checks out, and you’re able to crank the starter, then it’s likely you have a damaged fuel pump that would require replacement under most circumstances. If you need some assistance trying to correctly diagnose the root issue, please feel free to set up an onsite inspection.

3. My 98 ford expo won't start.i was trying to connect my trailer lights up by splicing the wire and now thief light won't come on