Q: My 94 chevy s10 idles at around 230 and will get up to 250 and go back down.

My chevy s10 will idle at around 230 and could get all the way up to 250 and goes back down. It still runs and drives fine but I don't know what the problem is

Low idle could be due to one or a combination of causes: You may have a misfire, a clogged/faulty idle air control valve (or comparable air control at idle), exhaust restrictions, and engine timing could be off. Mechanical causes include valve timing and valve condition and cylinder compression. You can have the cause(s) pinpointed if you request an idle out of range/rough idle diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 94 chevy s10 idles at around 230 and will get up to 250 and go back down.