Q: My 92 Nissan Maxima is shaking/vibrating; loss of acceleration especially trying to up hills. I've changed air filter.

My 92 Nissan Maxima is shaking/vibrating; loss of acceleration especially trying to up hills & when stopped at a stop light for instance & have to get going again. I've changed my air filter b/c is was really dirty but also I may have an oil leak & I'm not sure if that's causing problems or not..

With a twenty five year old car, it really could be anything. So you have to start with the basics. The air filter was a good beginning, but other maintenance items like the fuel filter, spark plugs and ignition wires are all suspect. Also, your car uses a timing belt that has to be changed periodically or you run the risk of having the belt jump a few notches or even break. This can do serious damage to your engine. Since your car does not have advanced self-diagnostic capability, It’s not likely that anyone will be able to point at any one part and say "this is your problem" but you can get a good assessment by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Maxima and let you know what steps you need to take to fix it.

3. My 92 Nissan Maxima is shaking/vibrating; loss of acceleration especially trying to up hills. I've changed air filter.