Q: Truck loses power in the middle of driving I changed plugs wires rotor n cap about a month later it started stalling n losing 1988 Ford F150

Driving down the street stop at light car cuts off had trouble restarting sometimes sounds like battery about to die then it cranks up drive for a while then cuts back off truck does not run hot at all temp gauge always in middle or before middle changed plugs wires cap rotor n driver side fuel pump external one what could be the culprit

Hi - first ask would be to check for spark when it stalls. If no spark, check out the coil or ignition module. If you have spark, check fuel pump fuses, fuel pump relay, and fuel pressure to the throttle body. Weak fuel pressure or "hot failing" spark will cause the poor performance problems you are experiencing. I recommend a stalls while driving inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Truck loses power in the middle of driving I changed plugs wires rotor n cap about a month later it started stalling n losing 1988 Ford F150