Q: My 740il is knocking

My 740il is knocking nit sure if its because of the full tank of reg unleaded gas i put in or what. But i took it to a place and got a bad knock sensor code in something saying camshaft over advance what should info first.

Hi there. An engine knocking issue often occurs when the fuel and air mixture is incorrect, which causes the fuel to burn in uneven pockets rather than uniform bursts. Left untreated, it can cause damage to the piston and cylinder wall. Typically it’s caused by lower octane fuel being used, excessive carbon deposits on the spark plugs or on cylinder head intake or exhaust valves or bad spark plugs. The first thing that should be done is to correctly diagnose this issue by having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a noise from engine inspection.

3. My 740il is knocking