Q: My 2011 sonata gear shifts even when the ignition is off and when you haven't pressed the brakes i guess the lock is bad.

When ever i switch of the car the remote stops working i can niether lock or unlock the car with it. But after some minutes the remote starts working again but once i switch on the car it stops working again. My 2011 sonata gear shifts even when the ignition is off and when you haven't pressed the brakes i guess the lock is bad. Can it affect the keyless entry system and the remote

The shift interlock may be disabled during the problem with the remote. Check to see if your brake lights are staying on after you turn off the car? If not then you will need to have the body control system scanned to see if codes are stored for the keyless system module is not responding. If the brake lights stay on then check the brake switch contact pad for being worn out and not pressing in brake switch. Replace pad if worn out. Check dealer for recall on this failure. It may be under a recall.

3. My 2011 sonata gear shifts even when the ignition is off and when you haven't pressed the brakes i guess the lock is bad.