Q: My 2010 Pilot shakes when travelling down the highway. Most noticeable when I push on the accelerator.

When I am travelling at higher speeds 60 -70 MPH I notice pretty substantial vibration, most notciely when I press on the accelerator. There is still vibration on the sterring wheel when not accelerating, but it seems worse when I push on the gas.

Hi there. The shaking is caused by a lateral movement in the vehicle. Have the tires checked for a good balance and make sure that they are in good shape. If the tires have a cupping or missing tread areas, then the shocks would need replaced. If the tires are balanced out and new, then check the brake rotors on the vehicle or the wheel lug nuts to see how they are installed. Brake rotors or lug nuts that are not installed correctly will create a lateral movement and cause a shaking feeling when driving at highway speeds. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking at highway speeds, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My 2010 Pilot shakes when travelling down the highway. Most noticeable when I push on the accelerator.