Q: My 2010 ford truck 1500 4.6 will not shift into overdrive, what could the problem be?

My 2010 ford truck 1500 4.6 will not shift into overdrive. I would like to know what the issue is with this vehicle.

Check the transmission fluid and see what color it is. If the transmission fluid is dark red or black, then the overdrive clutch pack is slipping and burning the oil. If the fluid is red in color, then either the overdrive clutch pack is still slipping when in overdrive position or the overdrive selection switch has failed causing the transmission to not shift into overdrive. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not going into overdrive, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My 2010 ford truck 1500 4.6 will not shift into overdrive, what could the problem be?